Monday, January 4th, 2010

crocheting for baby

The drive to NC was 18 hours each way. As a way to busy myself I decided to start some new crochet projects. I adored the little earflap hat that I made for Violet, so I chose to make another for her. I think I like this one even better than the last one. I made it on the way down to NC. {I did have a couple of people ask me for the pattern, here it is via ravelry.com: Brrr Baby Beanie Pattern. This time I used a different flower pattern which I thought was much easier and cuter. I didn’t do the last couple of rounds because I thought it would end up overtaking little Violet’s head. Here’s the pattern for it (again from ravelry.com): Frothy Flower Pattern.}

As you can see, Violet isn’t really able to sit up on her own yet. This is what most of the pictures look like, Violet tipping over.

While in NC I decided to make Violet some baby bibs. She’s a drooler, so what better way to help catch all that drool than a crocheted bib. The pattern called for a button to fasten the bib, but I didn’t have access to any buttons down in the tiny town in which we stayed. I decided to crochet a bobble instead. Works like a charm. {Again, the pattern was from ravelry.com which was very easy: So-Simple Baby Bibs.}

The pattern was every quick to make, so I made another bib for Violet on the way home from NC. I used the frothy flower pattern on this one but just made the first couple of rounds to keep the flower small. I think this one may be my favorite.

The girls both requested their own earflap hats, so I couldn’t refuse. I just finished Annie’s hat last night. I’ll post pictures of it tomorrow.

7 Responses to “ crocheting for baby ”

1. Erin says:

Oh, my goodness – just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get any more adorable – love the purple on violet as well – can’t wait to see Annie’s! Nikki will be quite envious – now I’m really going to have to learn to crochet! Finally got my blog up to date this afternoon with the Montreal photos…until tomorrow when I’ll be forced by a 7 year old to attempt crocheting a hat 🙂

2. Julie says:

Alright, enough is enough! You better slow it down or you are going to be called to head up the Enrichment committee. Cute stuff, as always!

3. Megan says:

Cute, cute, cute! Great projects for a darling baby. Truly is a shame we don’t live close enough to craft together. I would enjoy that.

4. Tina says:

I just can’t tell you how much I enjoy reading all of your entries! I love the new crocheted stuff. It is adorable. You have such a beautiful family!

5. alison says:

Violet is a doll. I especially love the photos where she is sucking in her lower lip, and your craftiness is amazing as usual!

6. Jen says:

Thanks, all! I love making things and even more so things for my girls. So fun!

Erin-
    You are too sweet with your kind words. If Nikki is anything like Annie, then yes you will need to learn to crochet. The girls finally busted me and asked why I was making so much stuff for Violet and nothing for them. Once I finish Mimi’s hat, then they can’t complain anymore. At least until the next time I make something for someone other than them.

Julie-
    Shhh…this doesn’t have to be mentioned to our RS. I’m only making so much stuff because people become hermits here during the winter and won’t answer their phones to get together.

Megan-
    It is too bad we can’t live closer even if for a day every so often.

Tina-
    Yay! I haven’t heard from you in such a long time. I’ll have to catch up with you via email. How’s Paul? My goodness, he must be starting college by now…LOL. Seriously though, I hope you guys are doing great in your digs in AZ.

Alison-
    I know I’m a bit biased, but I have to agree:) I love it when she sucks in her lips, too. So cute! So glad you’re keeping in touch. Miss you guys!

7. Jenni Smith says:

I love the picture series. She is a very delicious baby and she looks good in…Violet!

Feel free to comment, but I do moderate all comments.