Monday, April 9th, 2012

celebrating the easters

Oh, I had such big plans for this Easter. The girls were going to frolic around in their newish, Matilda Jane dresses searching for eggs while I snapped beautiful portaits. The girls were then going to pose with their little bunnies again resulting in lovely images. Then I’d have these gorgeous pictures to replace the 2 year old portraits still in the frames. What really happened was Annie and Mimi came home right after church, put on grubby clothes, and Mike got a couple of pictures of them hunting for eggs. Most of those pictures are blurry and from behind.

With that said we still enjoyed a beautiful day for Easter. At church we heard some nice messages and were reminded what Easter is really about. We brought the missionaries home with us, so that they could share our Easter feast. We also invited another couple from church to join us. The dinner was full of delicious food and thoroughly filled everyone up.

The girls ended up with way too much candy from the Easter Bunny and the egg hunt but got some fun treats in their Easter buckets such as a fluffy bunny, mini Lala Loopsy doll, the movie Hop (for the whole family to share, bunny-themed writing utensils and paper, socks, an egg viewfinder (we all love this), carrot bubbles, and a teeny tiny plant to grow.

Easter 2012Easter 2012
Easter 2012Easter 2012

Like I said before, the egg hunt pictures were quick and limited, but we did get a nice picture of the girls with the missionaries. The elder on the right is actually leaving on Tuesday to go home for good since his 2 years are now at a close. The elder on the left happens to have a brother who is in the MTC along with cousin Jimmy and said they have met on numerous occasions. Such a small world.
Easer 2012
Easer 2012
Easer 2012

After our feast I pulled out the cake that I had had such visions for. Pinterest had served as my inspiration, and I was going to frost the cake in a really cool ruffle style. I also had another color layer ready to put on it, but Mike said it was way too tall. Phooey! Oh well, I still got 3 layers of fun colors and got some “oohs” and “aaahs” from the guests. The cake was really moist, soft and yummy, too.
Easer 2012

While the girls entertained the missionaries with some of our old college textbooks Violet became our little buckethead.
Easer 2012Easer 2012

Once all the guests were gone the girls and I cuddled up on the couch to watch Hop, and Violet completely sacked out.
Easer 2012
Easer 2012

It was such a wonderful and blessed day! Even though we didn’t get to spend it with extended family this year, we still had a delicious and fun-filled holiday.

8 Responses to “ celebrating the easters ”

1. Concerned Citizen says:

The cake did turn out looking pretty good. When I saw the tiers in the freezer I thought disaster was upon us but a little frosting covers everything. Hope the girls have come down off the Easter binge.
    CC

2. Julie says:

That cake looks so pretty and tasty! And I love little Miss Vi crashed out on the couch. I do wish we could have made it up there to celebrate Easter together. Unfortunately we just had to dish out another heap of cash for Alex’s weapons and gear for advanced TKD and gas is so out of control so it just wasn’t happening. I do hope we will be able to detour in SD and check out the farm on our way home from our CA/UT adventure this summer.

Good for you for sitting and watching Hop with the kids. I got that for my kids but there was no way I was going to force myself to sit through it.

3. Shoebox Princess says:

You are the second or third person I’ve heard mention LaLaLoopsy dolls. Not having any doll-toting children in my house, I have no idea what they are or why they are popular. I am curious though.

That’s so cool that there is a Jimmy connection with one of your missionaries! Where is this brother going?

It looked like a nice day for an egg hunt. You’ll have to get pictures another day. These will suffice until then.

We had a buckethead in our home once upon a time (about 16 years ago, but the bucket on that little head was a pumpkin bucket for halloween). Bucketheads are so cute!

4. Cheryl says:

What a cute little buckethead!
    I had plans of everyone staying in their dressy clothes for a nice Easter dinner and I was outvoted and everyone was in jammies within minutes of getting home… so I hear you.
    I love seeing the pictures of your farm. It looks like such a fun place for kids.

5. Erin says:

Glad you had a good and relaxing Easter. As my kids get older it is harder and harder to get good photos of them after church or in nice clothes so I can relate. I literally had to bribe both my kids with Amazon book money to take the holiday card photos….it worked 🙂 Just posted some photos from our Easter weekend, like yours the “good photo clothes” were quickly shed and the photos show day to day life. I only hope when I’m old I’ll appreciate all their dirty messy moments! – Erin

6. Jenni says:

Nice Easters. You know, Easters is the day when we start the counting for the days that we have had diarrhea. So far, zero.

Cute pictures!! I like Vi all sacked out with her bunny, though. It looked like a pretty good time at the house. Don’t worry about your photos, we didn’t get any, either. Alas.

7. Holly says:

I am so glad I’m not the only one who didn’t really get great Easter pictures of my kid all dressed up! Although, to be fair, I didn’t even have it planned. I completely forgot about it. At least you had it in mind! Still looks like everyone had a fun day though!

8. Jen says:

Happy ho-l-iday 😀

Feel free to comment, but I do moderate all comments.